As a fairly new product from MuscleTech, HydroxyStim is a weight loss pill with a lot to live up to. It comes with some seriously sexy marketing and widespread distribution, so you can guarantee it will sell pretty well, but what sells isn’t always the most effective in the world of weight loss pills.
Here’s what we found on HydroxyStim…
What’s in HydroxyStim
The developers explain that “HydroxyStim was invented with a powerful and successful amount of caffeine that has been proven to create fat burning.” We can confirm that the dosage is powerful (even a little too much for some) but we have been hard pressed to see what’s so revolutionary about the rest of the ingredients.
Each pill contains 5 ingredients:
- Geranium Extract (geranium robertianum) – 177 mg – this noxious weed which grows wild in a number of places in the US has been suggested to be useful as an insect repellent when rubbed on the skin and studied for skin preservation purposes, but HydroxyStim doesn’t offer any research about its ability to promote weight loss in any way.
- Caffeine anhydrous – 100 mg – the most common and cost-effective fat burner in the business
- Deanol bitartrate (with DMAE) – 17 mg – “reliminary animal research suggests that DMAE may act to facilitate choline production.” Yes, choline may help decrease muscle fatigue, but this is just from preliminary research on animals, not humans.
- Yohimbe Bark Extract (pausinystalia yohimbe) – 40 mg – supplying yohimbine and rauwolscine – these two stereoisomers have been suggested to promote some fat loss in athletes, but studies with significant results are few.
- Huperzine Extract (huperzia serrata) – 13 mcg – some studies suggest Huperzine A may improve memory and mental performance, though recommended dosage is at least 100 mcg per day (almost 3 times more than you get here)
As the recommended dosage is 3 pills per day, you’re looking at 300 mg of caffeine along with the potential stimulant effects of yohimbine and rauwolscine. This should elevate your basal metabolism for some extra calories burned and you may experience some improved (though hardly noticeable) muscle performance from DMAE, but we don’t expect a weight loss pill like this to change your life.
Is HydroxyStim Safe?
As far as we can tell, the caffeine dosage will be a little strong if you’re not used to stimulants. If you do use HydroxyStim, you’ll want to start with just one pill per day and work your way up. Make sure to drink plenty of water.
Possible side effects may include headache, dizziness, nausea, and indigestion. The long-term use of geranium robertianum haven’t been studied, so we can’t be sure of how you might feel after using it for a while.
How Much is HydroxyStim?
Bought from approved distributors, which is the only way you can get the satisfaction guarantee, you’ll be paying $60 for one 30-day supply of HydroxyStim. This is a little above average for specialty weight loss pills, but considering the ingredients it seems to be over-priced.
Are There Any Cons to HydroxyStim?
- Only one ingredient convincingly proven to promote weight loss
- Unclear long-term side effects
- High price
Is HydroxyStim Worth Purchasing?
For $60, we generally expect more from a weight loss pill than caffeine and some experimental side ingredients. The main ingredient doesn’t even have any real science to back it up. We like that there is a money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with HydroxyStim, but we’d suggest holding off til there are some clinical studies to show what this formula can actually do before buying it.